LCJ Engineers has prepared flooding assessment reports and stormwater management plans for QBuild at numerous sites including; Townsville, Cairns, Charters Towers, Mount Isa, Richmond, Hughendden, Edmonton, Thursday Island, Gordanvale and Bown. These reports have assessed the proposed development against the relevant City Plans and provided QBuild with the flowing advice in relation to the flooding implications of the proposed development:
- Identify the legal point of discharge;
- Determine Minimum habitable floor level;
- Determine predeveloped extent of flooding on site (including flood hazard risk);
- Calculate pre and post development stormwater drainage flows; and
- Estimate the size of detention basins that should be allowed for within the development.